Many popular products have come from mistakes.
Crazy Glue- Failed attempt at making a glue to stick people back together during the Vietnam war.
Post-it-notes – Failed attempt at making a permanent super glue.
Reeses Peanutbutter Cups – The chocolate didn’t look where it was going and ran into the peanut.
Most successful business people – Their success came about because of their mistakes.
“The definition of insanity is making the same mistake over and over and expecting different results”
There is nothing wrong with making mistakes, mistakes only come about because we tried something and it didn’t work.
The key is not to keep on repeating the same mistakes over and over. This is what seperates the mediocre from the successful. Successful people anticipate mistakes, in a strange way they almost look forward to their mess-ups, because then they will be able to learn from that error, and next time the situation arises they will make the right choice.
How to make a great mistake.
1. Dream big and take action. Set a goal that takes you beyond the limit of your perceived capabillities. When you push yourself beyond what you know, you will make great mistakes
2. Recognize the mistake. Don’t try to cover it up, if you do it will just come back. Admit it, accept it, relish it.
3. Learn from it. Analyze the mistake and learn from it. What could you have done? What will you do next time to avoid
4. Test it. When you are in the same stiuation agian take the right step and avoid the mistake.
5. Repeat steps 1-4. Your success in in direct proportion to the amount of mistakes you make and learn from.
Have a great weekend,